Thursday, September 20, 2007

So we're not so good at this blogging thing!






Well- here it is months later and I am just now getting back to this blog. I actually love to read others blogs, but when it comes down to composing my own- I never seem to have the time. I will get better at this though. We had a very busy summer and we are still trying to wind down from it all. We got to go Kauai, HI for our best friend's wedding and then to PA for my youngest sister's wedding. It really was a wonderful and blessed summer. Mike is back in full swing of school. For those that don't know- He is a professor in the theatre dept at ACU. We love being back at ACU. We were both students there- so it's fun to be on the other side of things. Mike is also training for a triathlon. He has recently picked up cycling and loves it. Between ACU, training, and football season- Mike is quite busy. Brendan, our oldest son just started 1st grade. He's doing quite well. Although this is his second year in school- I still have a hard time parting with him during the day. Brendan is also busy with soccer this time of year. Last year was his first. I am so excited I get to be a soccer mom- it's one of my dreams come true! Yes- I also drive a minivan- and really don't mind it all that much! My time is mostly spent chasing Ricky around the house and playing superheros with Holden- that or building legos. Ok- a little house cleaning gets done- then it's time to p/u Brendan from school, work with him on his homework- 1st graders bring home homework everyday. I'm also on the PTA exec. board in charge of membership. Mike and I are also teaching bible classes at church- so I guess we're all staying pretty busy. Life is good though- and we are very blessed! I'll try to be much better about keeping up with this blog thing. Attached are a few of our semi recent photos.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I am glad you are back to blogging! We are in Kauai for a week right now and loving it!

I look forward to reading more!

Cindy Helf said...

Mike and Mindy,

I can't believe I found you through a friend of a friend's blog! You may not remember me, but I was one of your theater students at NCS (Cindy Elliott). Now, I am married, teaching junior high, and living in the Fort Worth area. So great to see how you are doing - the boys have really grown up!

Julia said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! It's fun to read up on your little family & see how you're all doing. That's so fun that you're back in Abilene! We were there visting Summer & Chad Walters about a month ago & were reminded of how much we love it there. I hope we'll get to see you next time we're in town! Your boys are precious - wow, can you believe we're old enough to have 2 and 3 kids?!? I'll look forward to seeing updates!